Planning your wedding does not stop at deciding what to wear, where to get married, and who to invite. There's also the honeymoon factor: where are you going to spend the first night as husband and wife? Reading through the Net, I found some interesting places that are perfect for a honeymoon:
1) Paris, France. Touted as the city of love, it offers many beautiful sites in which you and your spouse can discover together. There's the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe, there's wine and chocolates and gourmet dishes, and the arts and culture. Their language has a romantic sound that you and your partner would want to learn.
2) Venice, Italy. From the architecture to the culture, Venice brings a feeling of love. A ride on one of the gondolas in the city's canals makes you feel like you're starring in your own romantic movie, with your amore beside you as you sail away in the sunset.
3) Santorini, Greece. Remember the movie Mamma Mia? Wasn't the setting so romantic and just right for a wedding? If you're looking for a place with the same ambiance and enchanting lure, Santorini is your best bet. The sea, the sun, and the architecture blend perfectly to give you a honeymoon that's filled with utter relaxation and seductive charm.
4) Bali, Indonesia. If a romantic beach getaway is what you desire, this island in the Asia Pacific region should be one of your top choices. White sands, pristine waters, and abundant coral reefs are just some of the highlights of this wonderful destination. The culture is also worth discovering -- diverse and truly unique.
5) Palawan, Philippines. Okay, so maybe this is a "love your own" choice. But this island off Manila is one of the most romantic spots to be when in the country. True, Boracay is the more famous beach, but if you want a quiet honeymoon, Palawan gives you that peace and quiet away from all the noise. What's more, there are many things to find here: the safari in Calauit, the Tubbataha Reef, the Underground River, and more. If you're the kind of couple who likes to go on an adventure, this is the destination for you.
These are just a few places you can spend your honeymoon. There are a lot of sites where romance abounds so don't be limited by these selections; the world offers a host of beautiful getaways for you and your loved one.
Photo credit: Eiffel Tower by Nathong from sxc.hu, Fira Caldera by Day from Santorini.com, and Puerto Princesa Underground River from New7Wonders.com.