Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dessert and candy buffets: Sweet!

While creating my posts for this blog, I always sift through the World Wide Web to look for pretty pictures to post, probably as a stand-alone post or as part of an inspiration board. And one of the things I've been enjoying seeing are dessert and candy buffets in wedding receptions.

I remember my cousin doing this, using sweets that are found in Goldilocks, one of the Philippines' bakeshops. I thought, being one with a sweet tooth, I should've done this in my own wedding! (Well, we had music CDs as souvenirs, which is also one thing about us: hubby and I are also audiophiles.)

And any bride or groom with a sweet tooth should have one in their wedding, too. Dessert and souvenir in one -- and something that everyone will absolutely love.

One of my favorite dessert buffet creators is Amy Atlas. Just looking at her pictures makes me swoon! And just like this dessert buffet she created for Martha Stewart Weddings, all her buffets are works of art -- they're so nice to look at!

Part of designing the dessert and candy buffet is to keep in mind the theme and the decor that should go along with it. I like this dessert buffet from Sweet & Saucy Shop that they made for an actual wedding. Looks fun and yummy at the same time.

Here's another dessert and candy bar I found on Yummy Piece of Cake's Flickr. Aside from candies, they also have cupcakes. I like the elegant white theme and how all the food was arranged.

What's nice about a dessert and candy buffet is that you can match it with your color motif. Since candies come in lots of colors, you can just choose what you want and put them in nice jars like this candy buffet arrangement from Classic Candy Buffet. And it's also okay to buy a lot of candy. The more, the merrier, and the better it looks on photos.

For your dessert and candy buffets, also consider the packaging where guests will put the candies. You can put your names or monograms on it, similar to the paper bags found in this candy bar from Inspired Goodness.

Aren't all these gorgeous? And I think they're practical, too. As a guest, you won't be bothered by favors that you'll just keep in a shelf. You'll actually enjoy this one. Dessert and candy buffets will surely be loved by people of all ages. It's one idea to consider for your wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get paid To Promote at any Location